Great article from Carl Griffith and our friends at systemsGo on their move to the cloud with Office 365, which we helped with:
“Like thousands of other organizations around the world, we made the decision last year to move our email from Exchange into the cloud. We did this for a number of compelling reasons:
- Our servers and software were becoming outdated and desperately in need of modernization and an upgrade.
- Like many companies, we wanted to move from a Capital Expenditure model towards an Operational Expenditure model. This would allow us to more easily manage cash flow and invest in our future over time, and with predictable investments that could be aligned with budgets and forecasted spend.
- We wanted to digitize and modernize the way we do business, with email being central to our internal and external communications and operations. We also wanted to give our employees a digital communication experience comparable with what they are increasingly familiar with and have learned to expect from using their mobile devices and other connected hardware and applications.
- Like almost every organization, we have built up a repository of information and we wanted to make accessing, searching and sharing that information easier.
- We wanted to maintain our appeal as a place where people want to work and realize that this means staying relevant, particularly with technology increasingly defining workplace and social culture…”
Read the rest of Carl’s article here