Businesses that use software to help them manage and recruit both full-time and temporary staff are found to be 40% more productive than those without them. However, only 60% of small businesses use some form of recruitment app. Why? Our research shows that there are four main Challenges With Most Recruitment Applications:
Four Challenges With Recruitment Applications:
- Wastage of Time: Recruiting without a recruitment application leads to several sourcing issues – primarily because of overwhelming, unorganized paperwork. It’s a challenge to source resumes, to ensure you don’t call the same candidates multiple times, and to consistently capture candidate information. Because this is usually done in spreadsheets or Word documents, it isn’t easy to form a robust database. Now, extrapolate that to the challenge of contingent staff (temp workers, contractors, freelancers), and your challenge grows exponentially.
- Reporting and analytics: Those businesses using recruitment software also face problems, especially reporting and analytics. Reporting is a tool that is used by businesses to measure performance and effectiveness. But our research shows that many companies struggle to get anything more than simple, out-of-the-box reports. For example, if you wanted reports related to process flow for a particular hiring manager, time to fill, and other key metrics. Speed and accuracy of reporting is often a challenge.
- Cost: The integration of recruitment software into the industry was a boon to large companies, but to small and medium-sized firms, the hefty price tags made these systems untenable. Enterprise systems can range to hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars annually.
- Not Integrated to Internal Systems: We’ve picked a new hire. How do we bridge that dangerous ground by offering them to join and making that an excellent experience for all? How can you automate the outreach while we wait for them to join and ensure that on Monday morning, they have a desk, email, phone, and laptop?
How CloudGo’s ServiceNow Recruitment Application helps overcome the above challenges:
- Time Saver: Integrating this application will help you capture every detail of the recruitment process in the system, and that record gets saved for the future. This automatically eliminates your “spreadsheet hell” and reduces the possibility of doubling up work on the same candidates. As a result, you can build a robust database with no duplicates along with the candidate’s status in the process.
- Reporting and Analytics: This Recruitment application enables users to get reports of their choice. ServiceNow reports can be lists, charts, or calendar-based views of data in a particular table. We’ve built a range of predefined reports that pertain to applications and features. If none of the predefined reports meets recruiter needs, there’s a simple drag-and-drop user interface to get the data you need.
- Cost Effective: This application can be customized according to the organization’s budget. This product can be easily integrated with Mid-sized organizations, making your recruitment process easier and faster.
- Onboarding capability: ServiceNow has pre-built capability around onboarding staff, from triggering tasks to ensure the manager reaches them before they join to integrating to internal finance and IT systems to set up their payroll, turn on their email and internet access, and other Day 0 activities.
Apart from the above, there are the following:
- Mobile & Laptop Version: In this age of technology, one expects and requires mobile and laptop functionality, and we provide it. So, even if you are out of the office or do not have a laptop, you can access this software; thus, work can be done.
- Cloud-Based & SaaS: These days, one needs to be able to access your entire business from any part of the world. The ServiceNow platform is a powerful cloud application platform that enables you to do that and meet end‑user expectations for a modern, consumerized experience. It empowers requestors and fulfillers of work tasks to achieve greater productivity by linking real‑time data with activities, tasks, and processes to achieve better work outcomes. With the Software-as-a-service feature, it becomes easy for an organization to implement and adopt this software application at a lower cost, in which upgrades are much more straightforward.
- Per Hire Visibility: You can have a real-time view of the progress of your candidates all the time. What stage are they at? Whose approval are we waiting on? Has the offer been sent?
- Improved Security: Every organization needs to know whether its data is secured in the cloud. ServiceNow’s security complies with international standards and is regularly independently audited. Your data gets secured by using access controls like IP address, User, Role, and multi-factor authentication.
- Workflows: Need to change how a process works? No problem. Workflows are easy to configure. For example, if different approvals are required depending on the hiring position, it just takes a few clicks.
- SLAs and KPIs: With SLA, tracking an Employee/Department/Organization becomes easy. This gives an exact picture of whether KPIs are being met. Also, multiple SLAs can be run simultaneously – for example, one can have an SLA running from end to end (creating a requisition till closure) or an SLA only for Sourcing or Screening or for both. This solves your challenge of calculating how long it takes to fill a particular position.
In summary, most businesses face the four challenges with most recruitment applications, which aren’t that challenging with the suitable systems in place. What challenges are you facing in recruiting permanent and temporary staff?